TENANT FEES SCHEDULE
NEW ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCIES (ASTs) SIGNED ON OR AFTER 1 JUNE 2019
Tenants must supply:
Holding Deposit (per tenancy) — One week’s rent
This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
Security Deposit (per tenancy. Rent under £50,000 per year) — Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy. Security Deposit (per tenancy. Rent of £50,000 or over per year) — Six weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)
Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) — £50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request) — £50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)
Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
Tenants will be responsible for the cost of all services throughout the tenancy including Council Tax, Water Rates, Gas, Electricity, Telephone and TV Licence. Tenants will be responsible for insuring any personal possessions they bring into the property.
- Proof of identity; immigration documents on demand and/or visa confirmation.
- We will conduct financial credit checks on tenants including obtaining references from current or previous employers/landlords and any other relevant investigations to assess affordability.
- We will negotiate contract terms and arrange the Tenancy Agreement.
- A security deposit of minimum one calendar month’s rent is required for every letting from the tenants and this security deposit will be protected in a government authorised scheme, however some landlords require a larger deposit.
- Additionally, one calendar month’s rent is required from tenants prior to moving in as rent in advance.
- If during the moving in the process any purchases of furniture/white goods, etc., are made by the landlords or Hoopers at the specific request of the tenants and the tenants fail to complete the letting they will be liable for the cost of these purchases.
Early termination of the tenancy: There may be a fee payable should the tenant terminate the tenancy prior to the original agreed termination date. This includes applying the agreed break clause. This is a fee guideline and may vary depending on the tenancy.
The areas covered by our Neasden office are Neasden, Dollis Hill, Willesden, Willesden Green, Cricklewood, Harlesden, Kensal Rise, Kilburn and Kingsbury.
Get in touch
Call us on Sales: 020 8450 1633 or Lettings: 020 8452 1436 or send us a message...